…to a unique collaboration
7TV: Pulp is a tabletop skirmish game inspired by the American cinema serials and pulp magazines of the 1930s and 1940s. It is the product of a unique collaboration between Crooked Dice Game Design Studio, developers of 7TV and 7TV: Apocalypse, and Creative Writing students from Edge Hill University in the northwest of England.
The 7TV: Pulp blog offers information and resources for anyone interested in wargaming in a variety of pulp genres. If you love old movie serials, pulp fiction magazines, or any of the action-adventure movies they gave birth to and wish you could realize it on the tabletop – you’ll soon be able to! The boxed game will launch at the UK Games Expo 2019 on 31st May-2nd June.
Prepare to battle over the tabletop in two-fisted exchanges pitting heroic derring-do against the dastardly machinations of megalomaniacal villains and otherworldly horrors.
If you’d like to know more about the range of 7TV skirmish games and miniatures, please visit the Crooked Dice website.
The 7TV: Pulp blog is organised as a number of pages:
GAME DESIGN BLOG
- Designing 7TV Pulp documents the development of the game from June 2017 to date.
- Pinnacle Pacific Pictures tells the story of the fictional film studio created for the game through the obituary of its larger-than-life boss, Spenser Packard.
- Pinnacle’s Serials is a list of the pulp serials produced by Pinnacle in its heyday from 1938-1947.
- Island of Peril, Return of the Radium Rangers and Tomb of the Emerald Pharaoh each provide a detailed synopsis of one of Pinnacle’s unmade serials to provide inspiration for 7TV: Pulp players to develop their own ideas for chapter plays and adventure movies.
MEET THE TEAM
- Introduces the designers who worked on 7TV: Pulp.